Tax Evasion (Shadow Economy Activity) Report Form
Tax evasion is illegal. Revenue's ability to tackle tax evasion on foot of information provided by compliant taxpayers depends, largely, on the quality of the information and extent of any evidence given to us. Information that identifies both the tax evader and the way in which the evasion is carried on is particularly helpful.
You can report tax evasion (shadow economy activity) by completing the text box below and click on 'Submit Form'. Alternatively, you can send your report by way of letter or telephone call to your local Revenue office.
The following is the type of information that enables us to follow up effectively on reports of tax evasion (shadow economy activity) -
1) a description of the tax evasion activity (for example, the type of business or other activity that the person is involved in, where it is happening and when it started);
2) name and address (home and / or business address - a web address is also useful) of the suspected or alleged evader;
3) telephone contact numbers (land line and / or mobile numbers);
4) approximate age;
5) the make, model, colour and registration number of any car, vans, etc. owned or used by that person;
6) details as to how the person's business or other activity is advertised (including details from 'flyers', advertisements, etc.);
7) the evidence that the person or business is involved in tax evasion including details of any others facilitating the evasion;
8) the business's VAT number (if displayed on invoices, vehicles, etc.);
For reasons of taxpayer confidentiality, we don't and won't report back to you on the outcome of a report that you make of tax evasion.
Enter your text below:
OPTIONAL - If you have no objection to further contact on this matter, please give contact details here (such as phone or email). These details will be treated in the strictest confidence:
You may attach up to 10 documents if you wish.
Attach supporting information